|Company||PORR Bau GmbH and PORR Design & Engineering|
|Location||Vienna - Austria|
|Type||Office, Construction supervision, Architecture|
|Service duration||06.2014 - 05.2016|
|Runtime||06.2014 - 05.2016|
The world’s largest passive house
In the framework of the Smart Campus project in Vienna’s Simmering district, PORR once again proved its outstanding competence in the field of efficient building technology. With a gross floor area of some 100,000m², Wiener Netze’s new company headquarters is the largest passive house on the planet.
On a ground area of some 35,000m², the building which has been certified by ÖGNI, houses offices, storage halls, an indoor lorry parking lot including work shop and company petrol station. The complex offers Wiener Netze’s 1,400 employees a modern work environment marked by low-energy technology. The structure’s primary energy demand comes in below 120KWh/m². This is made possible through energy recovery from the location’s natural resources of ground water and solar power. 60% of power comes from these sources while green power accounts for the remaining 40%.
The main building consists of a basement floor, the ground floor and four upper floors. The storage areas and work shops are located in a two-storey plinth building and administration in the “fingers” that have been built between the work halls’ green roof areas.
PORR Design & Engineering’s (PDE) tasks in the course of this project started with the creation of a complex form work and scaffolding concept that had to be precisely tailored to the construction scheme’s construction schedule during which one had to pay particular attention to the labour costs involved in form work erection. The creation of a construction time schedule and the maintenance of an actual-target construction time schedule significantly contributed to complying with the planned fit-out time. Apart from construction preparation, PDE was also responsible for this project’s offer management. Thanks to excellent planning, the costs actually came in below the defined budget.
The so-called “fingers” house the offices of Wiener Netze, located below are the work shops and storage halls.© PORR AG
Functionality and energy efficiency are the core pieces of the office building in Vienna’s Simmering district.© PORR AG