A pretty shell with a good core.
Technically perfect and visually stunning shells made of metal and glass make every building prettier. Together with the specialist ALU-SOMMER (German website), PORR offers all clients the best possible solution.
For 50 years, ALU-SOMMER has been implementing aluminium-glass construction projects in the field of building envelopes all over Europe. Their product portfolio ranges from simple windows to ready-to-install element façades. Thereby, no façade, no construction scheme is like any other which is why they require individual solutions. Thanks to in-house development, tailored design, high levels of depth of production as well as internally processed installation, ALU-SOMMER produces demanding turnkey-ready façades, simply “pretty shells with a good core”.
Office building Voest, Linz.
- Developer: voestalpine Stahl GmbH, Linz
- Employer: voestalpine Stahl GmbH, Linz
- Architect: Dietmar Feichtinger Architects, Paris
Distinctive architectonic detail is that produced by ALU-SOMMER, preset sun protection of expanded metal with sliding ]parts, posts / transom facades and the fassade of stainless steel mesh.
ESO Garching, Munich.
- Developer: Organisation ESO, Garching bei München
- Client: BAM Deutschland AG, Munich
- Architect: Auer + Weber + Assoziierte GmbH, Munich
The element facades passing over two floors were executed with a double glaze and integrated sun protection blinds. The auxiliary frame can be opened for cleaning purposes.
The European Southern Observatory (ESO) is the most scientifically productive observatory in the world.
Euro Plaza 4, Vienna.
Euro Plaza 4, Vienna
- Developer: Strauss & Partner Immobilien GmbH, Vienna
- Client: Arge Europlaza PPH / Wibeba, Vienna
- Architect: Architekt Heinz Neumann ZT GmbH, Vienna
The prefixed glass facade with point fixings is characteristic for the overhanging building part of the Euro Plaza 4. Additional essential elements are the coupled windows with inner blinds, the glass areas, cristall facade (outer shell with triangular glazing) and the atrium roof.
SLSP Headoffice, Bratislava.
- Client New Building SLSP Headquarters, Bratislava
- Client PORR Slovensko a.s., Bratislava
- Architect Jabornegg Christian Dipl.-Ing. & Palffy Andras Dipl.-Ing., Vienna
His elegance comes from the bank building of the double-shell element fassade with inserted parallel vent windows, an atrium facade of a single-shell post and transom facade, as well as layered sheet metal cladding with ventilation openings.
Styria Media Center, Graz.
- Developer SMC Graz GmbH, Graz
- Client PORR Bau GmbH, NL Styria
- Architect Architektur Consult ZT GmbH, Graz
The vertical wall covers ensure an optical arrangement of the facade.