S10 Mühlviertler Highway, Tunnel Götschka
|Company||PORR Bau GmbH|
|Principal||ASFiNAG Bau Management GmbH|
|Location||Neumarkt - Austria|
|Type||Tunneling, Concrete slab construction|
|Runtime||11.2011 - 12.2015|
1,200,000 m³ excavation as raw material source.
Completed at the end of 2015, Tunnel Götschka is located on the S10, the Mühlviertler Highway, between Unterweitersdorf and Freistadt. At a length of 22km this route section of the S10 has four lanes, four underground sections and a number of engineering structures that have been successfully built within a construction period of four years. The building project was the largest single construction contract of the Austrian Motorways and Highways Financing and Stock Corporation, the ASFiNAG, of its time.
According to the size of the project for the construction of the tunnel Götschka there was an enormous amount of excavation and excavated material. Disposal of 1,200,000m³ posed a massive challenge. PORR faced this challenge by processing the suitable material at high-quality injection and and structural concrete. Using a gravel processing plant aggregates for concrete, unbound base material and filter layers could be recycled. This also led to the the fact that less gravel, disposal areas and transport routes were needed. And finally, the lower noise, dust and air pollution also had a positive impact - both for the residents, as well as for the climate assessment of the construction project.
Facts on construction of the tunnel Götschka.
- Total length: about 4.4km
- Twin-tube expansion consisting of a 3.5km long west tunnel with two lanes in the direction of Linz and a 3.5km long east tunnel in the direction of Prague, which due to its slope of 3.6 % is expanded by two traffic lanes.
- Variable centre distance between the two direction tubes: 17 to 45m
- Blower and industrial buildings at the portals
- Short, open construction with lengths between 18.50m at the southern portal and 43.50m at the north portal
- The operations centre at the north portal, operating station at the south portal
Tunnelling works in the tunnel© grox/Günther Gröger
The construction of the tunnel Götschka was ASFINAG’s largest single construction contract.© grox/Günther Gröger